Puranmal Singhani East Opp. Khalsa College, Vastu Matunga Building,, Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai, Maharashtra
People interest: 0
Universal Standing and Accolades: Case for exceptional status by the Government
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was set up as the Department of Chemical Technology on first October, 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through dynamic backing of businesses and humanitarians. The Institute was most prevalently known as UDCT, Mumbai. Research has been a basic piece of ICT since its initiation and it has made more than 500 original business people. The UDCT became essentially in stature and was allowed self-sufficiency under UGC directions by the University of Mumbai and further changed over into an Institute on 26th January, 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP program, the Maharashtra government conceded it full independence in June 2004. Because of the proposals of the Government of Maharashtra and University of Mumbai, the ICT was allowed Deemed University Status by the MHRD on twelfth September, 2008, with all arrangements of the UGC for subsidizing and backing as the state possessed regarded college.
The ICT has conveyed credit to India, in spite of being at a hindered position with reference to other innovative foundations of national significance, especially the IITS, IISc, ISERS, NISERs and Central Universities. Its stellar execution is reflected in the accompanying:
1. The MHRD had assessed all esteemed colleges in the nation in 2009 and allowed 'An' evaluation to 38 colleges among 135 regarded colleges. The ICT is evaluated as Number One Deemed University with 'An' evaluation. It is the one and only among 4 in Maharashtra State, the other 3 being midway financed TIFR, TISS and CIFE.
2. The ICT has additionally been appraised as Number One Institute by NPIU among 127 TEQIP supported Institutes, all over India, in October, 2010.
3. Biospectrum magazine in August 2010 has additionally appraised ICT's project as Number One among all biotechnology programs in the nation and the main prize was gave on seventeenth December at Bangalore.
4. A study was distributed by Professor Jude Sommerfeld of Georgia Tech., USA in January 2011 demonstrating that the ICT is Number One Institute in India a long ways in front of a few others including IITs, and it is likewise in main 10 on the planet in Chemical Engineering. This rank has been kept up since 1970s.
5. Recently the UGC chose to perceive workforce who has regulated as single aides no less than 15 Ph.Ds. The ICT has a record of 11 personnel who met all requirements for unique stipends. The Director (Vice Chancellor) Professor G. D. Yadav is the highest among all scholastics with supervision of 61 Ph.Ds. what's more, 58 Masters degree holders. He is the main serving personnel in the State to be a Fellow of the TWAS-the Academy of the Developing World, Trieste, Italy, including Fellowship of INSA.
6. The ICT created 100 Ph.D.s amid 2009-10 which is record for any establishment in India occupied with compound designing and innovation.
The Institute has a sublime history of 78 years, having delivered numerous industrialists, scholastics, civil servants, Padma awardees, secretaries to Government Departments, executives of CSIR labs and more than 500 original business visionaries. The establishment has extremely solid linkages with industry and created a portion of the highest scholastics and industrialists. A portion of the recognized graduated class incorporates Padmavibhushan Professor M.M. Sharma, Member, Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet, Padmabhushan Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, previous Director General, CSIR, Shri Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries, Padmashri Dr. K. Anji Reddy, Chairman, Dr. Reddy's Lab, Shri Ashwin Dani, Vice-Chairman, Asian Paints Ltd., Shri C.V. Gogri, Chairman, Aarti Group of Industries, Dr. K. H. Gharda, Chairman and Managing Director, Gharda Chemicals and the Late Manubhai Shah, Commerce Minister in Pt. Nehru's Cabinet.
The ICT has been getting different concedes and undertakings from the UGC, DAE, DBT, DST and different organizations, and Indian and outside enterprises, with a few focuses of magnificence: Centers of Advanced Studies in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering and Technology, Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Physico-Chemical Aspects of Textiles, Fibers, Dyes and Polymers; UGC Networking Resource Center in Chemical Engineering; DBT-ICT Center in Energy Biosciences; ICT-DAE Center in Chemical Engineering Education and Research; Center for Green Technology. The DAE has endorsed ` 75 crores for the Center in Chemical Engineering Education and Research with a few undertakings from BARC and IGCAR for improvement of indigenous innovations for vitality.
Legitimacy is the main standard for affirmation, including government reservation arrangement. A few legitimacy cum-implies grants (261) are honored to penniless understudies which range from ` 3000 to ` 75000 for every understudy for every annum. Research has been a basic piece of ICT, with best in class research offices, and inns. The staff is exceedingly proficient, with multi-disciplinary interests and enlivened with national and global recompenses and respects. All driving remote colleges and businesses look for ICT graduates. A year ago, a record of 161 full-time Ph D understudies and 120 Masters understudies, all with associations, were conceded.
The previous shows ICT's International standing, justifying the standard of an uncommon status.
VISION AND MISSION
We should lastingly endeavor to be a dynamic organization with ceaselessly advancing educational module to light up the eventual fate of the substance, natural, materials and vitality ventures of the country, and rank amongst the absolute best on the planet through dynamic cooperation and grant of our workforce, understudies and graduated class. We should be makers of growing learning and plan front line advancements that will have the