CODISSIA - The Coimbatore District Small Industries Association is the force behind AGRI INTEX. !!!
CODISSIA, an ISO 9001-2008 organisation, established in 1969 as a Small Industries Association, is now one of the premier Industrial Associations for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in South India. CODISSIA has been organizing numerous popular and successful trade fairs over the last 23 years which include the flagship fairs INTEC, AGRI INTEX , BUILD INTEC and ELEKTROTEC. The fairs are organized at the CODISSIA Trade Fair Complex, Asias largest Pillar Free Hall, a 40 Acre property with an exhibition area of over 2 Lakh Sq.Feet with state-of-the-art facilities. It is one of the most modern Trade Fair Complexes which has put Coimbatore on the World Industrial map. Backed by CODISSIA continuous endeavour, AGRI INTEX has carved a niche for itself in the global sphere.
CODISSIA is the one and only District Level Association in the whole of India to have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with (VDMA) Plant and Machinery Manufacturers Association / Bavarian Section of West Germany. Through this, it proposes to work consistently in assisting the members to identify new technologies / promote joint ventures, technology transfers, send trade delegations etc. to foreign countries. CODISSIA is also renowned for having the maximum number of MoUs with educational institutions.
Why Coimbatore for Agri Intex?
The consistent success of AGRI INTEX series of fairs can be attributed to conducting this fair in Coimbatore because of the following:
- Coimbatore is a strong Engineering Industry Hub with not many players into Agri implement manufacturing. Availability of farm labour, water and precision agriculture tools in this entire region is in short supply which is an opportunity to solution providers from these sectors.
- Coimbatore is the hub for agro-commercial activities for spices, horticulture, tea and coffee, vegetables, fruits, Coconut & Sugarcane. Horticulture being predominant in this region opens up opportunities for Green / Poly Houses and also Cold Storage for supply chain.
- Coimbatore is a major animal husbandry belt
- The nearest seaports of Coimbatore are Chennai , Tuticorin and Cochin.
- Coimbatore is the home for leading institutions like Tamilnadu Agriculture University, Sugarcane Breeding Institute, Cotton Research Centre, Institute of Forest Genetics which impart knowledge and create self sustaining entrepreneurs
- Coimbatore has been shortlisted under the Solar City Project by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India which throws open enormous opportunities for Solar Pumping and Panels.
- Coimbatore is well connected to the other parts of India by rail, road and air. Excellent connectivity with Bangalore and Chennai ensures quick transfer to foreign countries too.
- Coimbatore, with the right blend of tradition and modernization, is poised to be one of the fastest developing cities in India.
- It enjoys a pleasant climate all year round, with proximity to the Western Ghats and hill stations like Ooty and Kodaikanal.
- A stopover for tourists, Coimbatore has a rich cultural heritage.
- It has always been a city in tune with the times, and is well on its way to become a major IT hub down South.